"We, the members of the Occupy Springfield, MO movement, hereby declare our decision to stand in solidarity with our brothers and sisters participating in the Occupy Movements across our country and the world.
It is in this spirit that we, the 99% of Springfield, are practicing our constitutional right to peaceably assemble and in this spirit that we protest what we - and many, MANY others around our great land - can only describe as a horrifying travesty; the ongoing, unabashed corruption that is poisoning our financial and legislative systems.
For a long time we have remained silent as the elected officials we trusted to hear our cries for change, both Republican and Democrat, pandered to us for our votes and then sold theirs for campaign funds.
For a long time we have dutifully trudged to our jobs, budgeting strictly to make ends meet, as Congress asked for pay raises and CEOs received multi-million dollar bonuses.
For a long time we have stoically accepted the taxation of our earnings even as multinational corporations avoid them by hiding assets overseas.
For a long time we have been told to respect the rule of law and what it stands for even as the media brought us numerous examples of money's power to circumvent justice.
It is now our belief that we have waited TOO long.
No longer shall we stand idly by as our politicians sell their votes to the highest bidder.
No longer shall we tolerate the growing disparity being created as a byproduct of rampant greed and lack of compassion for fellow human beings.
No longer shall we accept the corrupt practices of those who would manipulate our
legal and economic systems to benefit the few over the many.
No longer shall we allow a person's wealth to sway the course of due process in our judicial system.
It is time for all of us - not only those of us here in Springfield but all over the world - to stand up and make our voices heard!
Together we are louder than the media, more solid than steel, and more powerful than any politician that money can buy.
If we wish to save our country - our world - from the economic enslavement being established today than it is our duty as citizens of humanity to take a stand not only for ourselves today but for the future that we ALL share.
We are Occupy Springfield, Missouri. We stand in solidarity with the Occupy Movement all around the globe. This planet belongs to all of us and we simply will not have it any other way."
- Learn more ab the #SandyRelief work @nycfoodtruck @DavidWeberNYC did then plz vote for them! http://t.co/JuKApSSSmm http://t.co/ljyyljdsiI
- Please vote for us for the #SandyRelief work we did: http://t.co/rmtHiYih20 @NYCMayorsFund & @BurgersnBites http://t.co/WR0OL8Qk4z #Grateful
- TY, @GlamourMag, for your #SandyRelief support! http://t.co/PZfwuR61KM #HelpingHandAward: http://t.co/bRP8V7masL #SandyUnites #PleaseRT =)
- Looking forward to the Assembly's action on my bill giving a boost to #NJ's underperforming #timeshare industry. #sandyrelief
- Check out the Executive Director of #NBAT speaking on #SandyRelief - http://t.co/NY6oFSIHi2