Tea Party and Occupy Face to Face
The meeting was very engaging but there still is some very strong opposition related to the systemic problems.
Some of the primary opposition I see is the different views related to root causes vs symptomatic issues.
Primary issues - Tea Party says it is big government and not using the system correctly vs OWS the whole system is corrupt because of the greed and money within the system but there is no "root cause" it is too many issues.
Jobs - Tea Party states that jobs are very important vs OWS states that it is much deeper aka jobs are more of a paid tasks not "reason" for living. There are much bigger issues then "jobs"
Politics - Tea Party will vote for anyone that is not Obama vs OWS says the entire system is broken and needs to be rebuilt it is not Democrats or Republicans but corrupt individuals within that system.
Education - tea Party states that it must be brought back to the states vs OWS states that education is a primary issues that does need to be decentralized and focused on but with a much broader view.
Feel free to add your voice in the comments below.
- Helping to clean up the marshes in Brick. @AmeriHealthNJ #STTS #HurricaneSandyRelief #SandyRelief #AmeriHealthNJCares
- Final workday...ready to go! #sandyrelief http://t.co/pHJyq0g0OQ
- Tierneys' taking a nap on the Belmar Beach. come down, support communities. #sandyrelief #nj #njgov #photography http://t.co/iVe8J1I5qs
- @ZakkWyldeBLS "The Pride" CD w/video can be purchased at http://t.co/WCp0X4Nwtg ... MP3 at http://t.co/WW9UDrTq3z … #NJstrong #SandyRelief
- @StephHHHFanWWE @TripleH A tout message from Hunter is something to be cherished. Congrats to you on the winning bid. #SandyRelief